It’s hard to eat as many vegetables and fruits as recommended sometimes, but one sure-fire way to get your healthy dose is by juicing. Juicing is quick and easy and a great way to start your day. But not all juicers are the same, so here are some of the best in 2019.
We review two types of juicers here: centrifugal juicers and masticating juicers.
1. If you want your smoothies to have all the pulp and fiber, go with a centrifugal juicer. Those are the ones you generally see, with the blades that spin inside. If you’re on a very tight budget, these are less expensive, generally (but not always), and faster but noisier.
2. If you want to extract the pulp so you just get the juice, go with a masticating juicer. Masticating juicers are also known as cold-extract or slow extraction juicers. They don’t use spinning rotary blades, like centrifugal juicers, so they don’t heat up the contents and your vitamins won’t be degraded.
This NutriBullet NBR-1201 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System is very compact and extremely functional. This 600W model holds up to 24 oz. It does a great job on fibrous veggies like carrots, kale, and broccoli and nuts and easily handles spinach, frozen bananas and berries, apples, ice chips, and so on. You get a great smoothie with all the nutritious pulp!
The NutriBullet is also really easy to clean. Fill it water, give it a whir and rinse! It comes with various attachments (1 tall cup, 2 short cups, 1 flat blade, 1 emulsifying blade, 2 resealable lids, nutrition guide, manual and recipes) and a full 1-year warranty. It is also very reasonably priced.
2. 200W Magic Bullet Blender in Silver
For a very compact blender for things like protein shakes and soft fruit smoothies that don’t require as much horsepower to mix, the 200W Magic Bullet Blender in Silver is very popular. However, it can’t handle the jobs the 600W NutriBullet NBR-1201 can and the savings are minimal. However, a bunch of people are raving about the thing, so I had to mention it….
3. Ninja BL456 Blender
Another good 24-oz option, but with a little more power, is the Ninja BL456 Blender, in silver and black, with 900W. This bad boy will crush all your ice, seeds, stems and whatnot into a nice, smooth nutritious pulp!
It comes with 2 cups and 2 lips and is easy to clean.
4. Ninja Smart Screen Blender
This 1000W powerhouse comes with a touchscreen and pre-set patterns, It will crush ice into snow in seconds, make delicious daiquiris and other frozen drinks, and, of course, it will puree your veggies, fruits, and nuts into wonderful smoothies in no time!
Use this Ninja Smart Screen Blender to blend just about anything, from shakes and smoothies to frozen margaritas and even ice cream! Yup, ice cream!
5. Aobosi Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor Compact Cold Press Juicer
This is a more compact model than most slow-press machines, which tend to take up more counter space. It has a 3” wide feeder chute for large chunks of veggies and fruits and a lower-speed (40-65 RPM) motor to protect the nutritional value of your juices from heat damage.
It comes with a 1-month free trial (!) as well as a 2-year warranty, which speaks well about the quality of the product.
It’s easy to clean and take apart and it’s quiet too. The pulp that is removed is not wet, indicating that most of the juice is getting extracted!
6. Aicook Slow Masticating Juicer, Cold Press Juicer Machine
This slow-masticating juicer is just about everything you could want from a cold-press juicer. It takes up a little more counter space but it’s a quality product that has a 3-year warranty!
It rotates at 80 rpm, preserving the nutrients in the fruits and vegetables, operates quietly (under 60 dB), and is easy to clean. The pulp is also drier compared to most other masticating juicers, so it does a great job extracting the juice.